This page contains details of our website policies relating to child protection, privacy, cookies, disclaimer and copyright information.
We are committed to safeguarding all children who visit this site to ensure their privacy and safety is achieved. In so doing we adhere to the following guidelines:
- Written permission from parents or carers will be obtained before photographs and videos of children and young people are published on the Rockwatch website.
- No other private information about pupils is published on our website (e.g. contact details)
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we treat your personal information.
What information do we collect from our website
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your visits to and use of this website
- information that you provide to us for the purposes of responding to your enquiries such as via our contact form, join our mailing list, book events and join Rockwatch.
Using your personal information
We may use information to:
- administer the website
- enable Rockwatch staff to login and update the website
- deal with bookings, enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
All financial transactions which are handled via our secure payment services provider, PayPal.
Joining or Renewing Rockwatch Membership
When you join or renew your Rockwatch membership online on the Rockwatch website you consent to join on a subscription basis. This means that renewals will be processed automatically a year after your initial subscription is processed. Your subscription is set up through our Payment Service Provider, PayPal and can be changed at any time.
If you would like to change or cancel your agreement with Rockwatch, log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.uk go to your Profile, and click My money. Then in the “My pre-approved payments” section, update the agreement.
You may purchase back issues of our Rockwatch magazine (if available) through our website shop. Payment is taken through the PayPal website. When you add magazines to your basket and go to checkout you will be redirected to the PayPal website where you payment will be taken over a securely encrypted connection. Currently we only post within the UK.
Payment can be made using PayPal or credit or debit cards.
There is not an exhaustive supply of back issues so once specific issues run out, no further copies will be made available.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceeding or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- to a court or authority that would reasonably order disclosure of that personal information
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
All electronic transactions are handled using SSL high encrypted technology off site via the PayPal website.
You should be reminded that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Please see our policy on Data Protection for further information.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Susan Brown, Rockwatch Chair.
This disclaimer governs the use of our website, by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use this website.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we own the intellectual property rights in the website and materials on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
- You must not republish from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system
- You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
Limitation of liability
The information on this website is provided free of charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy, nor so we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up to date.
See our Help and Access page for details.
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including text, computer code, photographs, images, music and audio materials, and audio visual material on this website) is owned by Rockwatch and our licensors.
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser
- copy and store this website and material on this website in your website cache and memory
- print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use
We do not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words all other rights are reserved.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to us at our address: Rockwatch at the GA, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J ODU.
Enforcement of copyright
We take the protection of copyright very seriously. If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the licence above, we may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using the materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any of our copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the licence above, please report it to us via the contact form or by post.
If you become aware of any material on our website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this via our contact form or by post.
Law and jurisdiction
These policies will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes relating to these policies will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
Rockwatch at the GA, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J ODU.
Telephone: 0207 734 5398 or complete the contact form on our website.
This document was adapted from several SEQ Legal templates.