Dinosaurs at Barnes – ‘Dino Days’
Hosted by The Dinosaur Society and WWT London Wetland Centre
at The London Wetland Centre, Queen Elizabeth’s Walk, Barnes, London SW13 9WT
Friday 28 October – A Conference on dinosaurs with speakers talking about evolution, physiology and palaeogeography. (This would be suitable for older Rockwatchers who can register at the student price)
Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October: Dinosaurs head for Barnes, London – a host of activities, walks, talks and workshops.
You need to book for the conference, but for the Saturday and Sunday there is no need.
At the weekend just turn up at the Wetlands Centre in Barnes and if you show a current Rockwatch membership card you will get a discounted entry price.
If you want to attend any of the lectures at the weekend you will need to book ahead. As a Rockwatch member you will get one free.
There will be 2 days of fun and learning on the 29-30 October, 2016 including:
- Meet a walking, roaring Tyrannosaurus rex
- Dinosaur talks for all ages – Buy your tickets in advance through Paypal
- Life-size model dinosaurs
- Book readings for children – Three times a day. No advance booking
- Art workshops for all abilities – Buy your tickets in advance through Paypal
- Book and poster signing – Fantastic new books, authors on-site
- Fossils – bring yours for identification – Can we get it right?
- Dinosaur toys and merchandise
- Rocks, Minerals and Fossils, Books and Memorabilia
- Your favourite dinosaur drawn on site!
- Fossil Walks