We are committed to safeguarding all children who visit this site to ensure their privacy and safety is achieved. In so doing we adhere to the following guidelines:
- Written permission from parents or carers will be obtained before photographs and videos of children and young people are published on the Rockwatch website.
- No other private information about pupils is published on our website (e.g. contact details)
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we treat your personal information.
What information do we collect from our website
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your visits to and use of this website
- information that you provide to us for the purposes of responding to your enquiries such as via our contact form, join our mailing list, book events and join Rockwatch.
Using your personal information
We may use information to:
- administer the website
- enable Rockwatch staff to login and update the website
- deal with bookings, enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
All financial transactions which are handled via our secure payment services provider, PayPal.
Joining or Renewing Rockwatch Membership
When you join or renew your Rockwatch membership online on the Rockwatch website you consent to join on a subscription basis. This means that renewals will be processed automatically a year after your initial subscription is processed. Your subscription is set up through our Payment Service Provider, PayPal and can be changed at any time.
If you would like to change or cancel your agreement with Rockwatch, log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.uk go to your Profile, and click My money. Then in the “My pre-approved payments” section, update the agreement.
You may purchase back issues of our Rockwatch magazine (if available) through our website shop. Payment is taken through the PayPal website. When you add magazines to your basket and go to checkout you will be redirected to the PayPal website where you payment will be taken over a securely encrypted connection. Currently we only post within the UK.
Payment can be made using PayPal or credit or debit cards.
There is not an exhaustive supply of back issues so once specific issues run out, no further copies will be made available.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceeding or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- to a court or authority that would reasonably order disclosure of that personal information
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
All electronic transactions are handled using SSL high encrypted technology off site via the PayPal website.
You should be reminded that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Please see our policy on Data Protection for further information.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Susan Brown, Rockwatch Chair.