Sent in by Rockwatcher, Benedict Douglas
One day, when I sliced up a pizza for my dinner, I saw the inner workings of the Earth! Don’t believe me? Make a ‘Pizza Earth’ for yourself – then gobble it up afterwards! Follow these steps carefully – with an adult to help – to make a truly terrific terrestrial treat! See the Ingredients and Method below to find out how…
One ready made pizza base
Passata or a jar of Tomato pasta sauce
Any cheese, grated (I used Cheddar – yum!)
A pineapple slice and a cherry tomato or both a piece of salami and a piece of pepperoni (one has to be bigger than the other)
Pepper, chopped small
Mushrooms, slice thinly
- Put the oven on at 190° or gas mark 5.
- Mix some dried oregano into the passata. Spread this on the pizza base, making sure you go very close to the edge.
- Put on the cheese, again taking it very close to the edge.
- Put the pineapple piece and half the cherry tomato in the centre of the pizza. Alternatively use the salami and the smaller pepperoni.
- Put on the olives and peppers, nearer to the crust than the centre.
- Place the mushrooms near the edge of the pizza with the stalk facing the centre of the pizza.
- Put in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the cheese is starting to go slightly brown.